Thursday, April 4, 2013

Stone PAVERS become stone PLANTERS

by Debra Anchors

Curated from Red Lotus Gardening
Spotted on Facebook is this great DIY idea.

You will need:

and, of course, your choice of  beautiful plants.

This project will provide you with the look of expensive planters for a fraction of the cost.  Then, find a moss recipe and "age" them!


What do you think? Is this project worth a try?















Note:  For convenience, I have embedded links into the text that will take you to the products used in this project.



Recycle, upcycle and do it yourself? Absolutely! Have you upcycled something unique for your garden from recycled materials? Please share it with me so I can feature your creation here.


If you enjoy this website, you might like my magazine, Gardening Life. AND, don’t miss my more traditional gardening website, Gardens Inspired.

I hope you found inspiration today. Remember to subscribe, so you won't miss a thing!

Until next time -
Debra

12 comments:

  1. wonderful idea, will try! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of this, but looks like a great idea! I have lots of extra brick-style pavers, this idea would work with them just as well. Trick is to make sure you get the right stuff to do the attachment, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you use as the 'glue" Our store had tons of sealers, but I wasn't sure which to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb - When I make one of these I will experiment with Quikrete© Vinyl Concrete Patch, which has worked well for me in other projects. Will you make one or two of these soon? If yes, I would love to receive a photo of your completed planter.

      Thank you for stopping in and for your question. Debra

      Delete
    2. Update to Deb Marciano: While researching online, I found an additional product, 'Henkel Landscape Block Adhesive". This one is in a tube (probably less messy and easier to apply). I will certainly try the Henkel product, based on the reviews I have read. -Debra

      Delete
    3. Wonderful idea! I love the look but never thought I would be able to afford them! Now that I have seen this......$170 bucks for the landscape block adhesive, I think I will have to find something else for the glue!!! Any other suggestions???

      Delete
    4. Hello, "Anonymous" - While researching online, I found an additional product, 'Henkel Landscape Block Adhesive". This one is in a tube (probably less messy and easier to apply). I will certainly try the Henkel product, based on the reviews I have read. -Debra

      Delete
  4. Did you use more garden blocks on the bottom of the planter? I really would like to make a few of these for some additional veggies around my yard and garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shelly. Yes, an additional block is used on the bottom. Or, the bottom block can be left off if the planter will remain affixed in the garden where roots of a perennial or two can make themselves at home.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for answering me. I am going to do this project this weekend. I'm also going to add a coat of glow in the dark paint to the outside to give a great lighting effect in the evening.

      Delete
    3. Great idea, Shelly! Good luck with your project! -Debra

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your great idea...I´ll try it.

    ReplyDelete