Monday, March 11, 2013

Construct allium inspired garden stakes


by Debra Anchors

Allium inspired garden spheres
The showy flowers of allium bloom in early summer and carry a sweet, pungent scent.  If you garden outside of USDA Zones 4-7, or in a state that prohibits the growth of allium, you can obtain the illusion of the plant by creating spheres carrying their form.







Note:  For convenience, I have embedded links into the text that will take you to the products used in this project.

Recycle, upcycle and do it yourself? Absolutely! Have you upcycled something unique for your garden from recycled materials? Please share it with me so I can feature your creation here.


If you enjoy this website, you might like my magazine, Gardening Life. AND, don’t miss my more traditional gardening website, Gardens Inspired.

I hope you found inspiration today. Remember to subscribe, so you won't miss a thing!

Until next time -
Debra

5 comments:

  1. Allium grow well here, but I do like your sculptures of chicken wire for allium. Great looking. Hope to see you soon. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must remember to make these - so beautiful! Thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone tries it and makes a video I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found an easy way to make the ball, make a water balloon the size you want and freeze it, wrap add stick and let the balloon melt pop and remove the balloon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, what a fabulous idea! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!. ~Debra

      Delete